- The Ducati Monster 1200 R is the biggest, baddest Monster to date with its "R" version of the 1198cc Testastretta and claimed 160 hp.
- The Monster 1200 R has enough 1299 Panigale technology in it to be a competent track weapon.
- The "R" version of the 1198cc Testastretta is said to put out a wide spread of power and torque with a peak of 160 hp @ 9250 rpm and 97 lb-ft @ 7750 rpm of torque.
- The Monster 1200 R has plenty of Ducati’s high-end electronic rider aids, including Ducati Traction Control, ABS, three riding modes (Urban, Touring, Sport), Ride by Wire system, and TFT dash
- The Ducati Monster 1200 R has a race-inspired chassis and the same braking package as the 1299 Panigale meaning it should rip on the track and street.
- With plenty of trickle-down technology from the 1299 Panigale, the Monster 1200 R is one bad motha!
- . The Monster 1200 R has a new compact, lightweight frame with the engine serving as a stressed member, the tubular steel trellis frame attached to the cylinder head.
- The Monster 1200 R is outfitted with the 1198cc Testastretta 11° DS L-Twin-cylinder engine that puts out a claimed 160 hp @ 9250 rpm in a motorcycle that weighs 456 pounds.
- The Monster 1200 R sports a shorter, slimmer seat and a glimmer of a pillion pad.