- As the two-wheeled world fixates on the Intermot Bike Show in Cologne, Volkswagen introduced a surprising motorcycle-related concept design at the Paris Motor Show - the XL Sport.
- Volkswagen and Ducati both came under the same corporate umbrellas after the Italian motorcycle marque’s 2012 acquisition by VW subsidiary Audi. VW XL Sport concept.
- Volkswagen touts Ducati’s 197-horsepower Superquadro V-Twin, which VW bills as the “world’s most powerful two-cylinder engine,” replaces the XL1’s diesel/electric powertrain.
- Volkswagen debuted the XL Sport concept car at the Paris Motor Show powered by a Ducati Twin sourced from the 1199 Superleggera Superbike.
- The XL Sport claims many of the XL1’s aerodynamic benefits, but with a sportier chassis and styling.
- Volkswagen debuted its XL Sport, a sports car based off its XL1 and powered Ducati’s 1199 Superleggera Twin.
- The XL Sport concept is pitched as melding of the VW Group’s marquee high-performance brands.