- Husqvarna released probably the most unexpected prototype at the 2010 EICMA show with its Mille 3
- Powered by a 933cc Triple, the Mille 3 made use of three Husky Singles engineered into a Vee configuration. What will the new 900 Twin power?
- Husqvarna revealed the dirt tracker-ish SMQ at the 2008 EICMA Bike Show. Could a SMQ-like chassis be used to harness the 900 Twin?
- Husqvarna's SMQ concept featured a 450 stamp on the engine case and utilized an swingarm pivot similar to the BMW G450X motocrosser. The big question is what kind of models the new 900 Twin platform will power.
- Husky engineers worked with BMW’s engine development team in Munich to expand on the F800 Twin – specifically the Parallel Twin powering the F800R naked.
- Husqvarna has developed its first street bike powerplant since the company was acquired by BMW. The Husky mill was developed in collaboration with the Bavarian firm's engineers.
- Visually, the new engine gets a Husky nameplate slapped on the cases and the distinctive red cam covers found on many of the brands dirt offerings.