- MotoUSA's Road Test Editor, Adam Waheed, visited the Icon shop in Portland back in early 2012 and caught a photo of the Iron Lung in progress.
- Dual SuperTrapp exhaust pipes were fitted to the Iron Lung.
- The Iron Lung's oil tank sits in the cutout piece above the gas tank. The triple clamp was originally designed to handle straight bars, but they decided for clip-ons instead.
- Performance Machine front brake calipers are a unique touch.
- Icon puts its builds through the ringer. These definitely ain't no show bikes!
- Your only job on the Iron Lung...
- Rear mount, exposed battery is an homage to vintage endurance racers and practical preparation for the zombie apocalypse.
- Custom paint was done by Garage 31 and the custom seat was made by New Church Moto, both Portland, Oregon-based companies.
- This 1991 Harley-Davidson Sportster 883 was fabbed-up into a 1970s-era endurance racer and is now known as the Iron Lung.