The eighth round of the J&P Ultimate Builder Custom Bike Shows took place in Minneapolis last weekend as The Wretched Hive and its’70s-style digger took home top honors in the Freestyle Class.
- Wave your hands in the air! The Wretched Hive is $2500 happier after capturing first place in Minnesota's Ultimate Builder Freestyle Class.
- We love the name of David Polgreen's 1966 Shovel called 'Miami Vice,' the throwback-styled digger good enough to earn first place in the Ultimate Builder Freestyle Class in Minneapolis.
- Eldon Haas' 'Twister' was another strong competitor in the Freestyle Class, earning second place for the twisted-up 2011 chopper.
- 'Day of the Dead' is an appropriate title for Derik Skogen's bagger, the 2012 Harley FLHX the third place winner in the Freestyle Class of the Ultimate Builder Minneapolis round.
- Pete Mason steps up to accept the $1500 grand prize for winning the Mod Harley class at the 2014 Minneapolis Ultimate Builder competition.
- It was a tight competition in Minneapolis' Mod Harley Class as Pete Mason's 1940 Knucklehead edged out Jason Schulberg's '54 Panhead by a single point.
- Jason Schulberg's fat-tired rigid with the Springer front earned second place in Minneapolis' Mod Harley Class.
- Bill Lawson brought an all-wheel-drive KTM 350 to the show in Minneapolis and wowed the judges to the tune of the $1000 first prize check in the Performance Custom Class.
- You heard it right. An AWD 2013 KTM 350 won first place in the Performance Custom Class in Minnesota, a first for the Ultimate Builder Custom Bike Shows.
- On the more traditional side, a 2008 Suzuki Hayabusa by Hable Racing earned second place in Minneapolis' Performance Custom Class.
- Another KTM, this time a 2013 SMR 450, earned third place for Jon Peterson in the Performance Custom Class.
- To the victor go the spoils, in this case a $1000 for TJ Designs for winning the Retro Mod class.
- Jason Schulberg and Tracy Hilgers (TJ Designs) brought in this clean 1978 Shovelhead rigid to earn first place in the Ultimate Builder Retro Mod Class in Minneapolis.
- David Polgreen, winner of the Freestyle Class, also showed well in the Retro Mod Class, earning second place for his 1937 H-D UL Flathead.
- Ol' Blue was rockin' the king & queen saddle, the 1950 Harley FL earning third place in the Ultimate Builder's Retro Mod Class in Minnesota.
- TJ Design earned third place honors in the Mod Harley Class at the 2014 Ultimate Builder Show in Minneapolis.