KTM confirmed it is in the process of manufacturing a 1290 Super Duke R, the high-powered Super Duke equipped with a bored-out version of the V-Twin in the RC8R superbike.
- KTM released the first images of its 1290 Super Duke R Prototype today at the EICMA show in Milan, Italy.
- With power numbers estimated to be in the 180 - 200 hp range, teamed with a curb weight said to be 'unbelievably low,' the 1290 Super Duke R is going to have a ridiculous power-to-weight ratio.
- Will the Speed Triple and Ducati Streetfighter have a new contender from KTM to deal with? We'll find out next week.
- KTM gets the 2012 EICMA party started by releasing teasers of its new 1290cc naked prototype suspected to be the new 1290 Super Duke.
- 1290cc. New frame and swingarm. WP Suspension. Brembo brakes. Ride-by-wire system. Meet the 1290cc KTM naked prototype.
- The bars are up and ergos should be somewhat relaxed on the KTM 1290 Super Duke prototype.
- Traction control, ABS, anti-stoppie and anti-wheelie control are all part of the 1290 Super Duke R's sophisticated electronics package.