Lucid Kustoms gave new life to a 1982 Honda Gold Wing, stripping it down to become a café racer. See photos of the build in the Lucid Kustoms ’82 Brute Wing Café Racer photo gallery. Read the full review in the Lucid Kustoms 1982 Brute Wing Cafe Racer.
- One of the most difficult aspects of turning the Gold Wing to a café racer was getting fitment right for the rider, who measures 5’9”.
- Brute Wing's headlight comes from a Yamaha XS650.
- Lucid Kustoms made a custom exhaust and seat for Brute Wing but kept the stock braking system.
- The Gold Wing's engine was completely rebuilt, and sourcing parts proved a tricky task.
- Kevin Clarkson of Lucid Kustoms sourced pieces from around the world in order to get everything running right on the '82 Brute Wing.
- Brute Wing got a custom fabricated taillight with LED strip for a clean look.
- Lucid Kustoms '82 Brute Wing is stripped down to the bare essentials.
- The donor Gold Wing had 215,000 km on the odometer when it came into Lucid Kustoms.
- Lucid Kustoms created the Brute Wing café racer from a worn-out 1982 Honda Gold Wing.