In this edition of MC Life we speak to Ben Younger, an avid motorcycle enthusiast and screenwriter who has a goal of making a feature film about the Isle of Man competiton. Read the full story in MC Life: Ben Younger.
- Using his own racing background, Younger hopes to generate mass appeal by constructing a story around the exciting Isle of Man TT contest.
- Ben Younger was immediately captivated by Isle of Man racing and firmly believes the larger public would also.
- Ben Younger may be just the person needed to bring two-wheeled racing action to the mainstream public. He's directed such films as Boiler Room and Prime, and he's also a true motorcycle enthusiast.
- Ben Younger was originally captivated by the Isle of Man competition after he was shown a DVD of Joey Dunlop winning three races.
- Younger believes the visibility of motorcycles makes it much more exciting to watch than car racing where all the action is hidden.
- Ben Younger's story will follow a 37-year-old man who can’t make it racing in AMA anymore because he’s too old, so he goes to the Isle of Man competition.
- Ben Younger believes his film would be marketable to the general public and racing fans alike.
- Younger is currently being held back by Hollywood studios hesistant to invest in a niche sport. His solution: attach an A-list star to the lead role so studios will give the green light.
- Ben Younger