- Though nothing was missing from the SV1000, there was none of the quirkiness to show a designer had put something of his soul in the work.
- The Suzuki SV1000's 996cc V-Twin failed promised a real rider experience at tick over, but remained inoffensive as the revs rose.
- The Suzuki SV1000 binnacle looks good, but is uninspiring.
- The Suzuki SV1000 will likely disappear quietly into the afterlife due to it's forgettable nature.
- The Suzuki SV1000 may be one of the most interesting bikes ever made, but for all the wrong reasons.
- The SV1000 is infinitely forgiving on the road, but provides little excitement for the rider looking for an engaged experience.
- The SV1000 was not a breathtaking mount from Suzuki, which could have turned its literbike standard into a monster.
- Suzuki took care with the finish on the SV1000, creating graceful lines on the fuel tank and sporting excellent paintwork.