- The 749cc four-cylinder Yamaha OW01 was capable of more than 100 hp in stock condition, making it an ideal race bike.
- Few OW01s remain available in mint condition today as most have suffered accidents at the track.
- Ultimately the OW01 offers superbike level performance but fails to match the potential of other designs like Honda's RC30.
- The OW01 features full on racing ergonomics that are bad for the street but great for the track.
- Ergonomics felt strained for our contributor at first, but once on the track the design proved roomy compared to other race bikes.
- Despite only weighing 412 pounds the OW01 requires muscle through corners and needs to be ridden hard.