MCUSA weighs the pros and cons of scooter versus motorcycle ownership by comparing the Kawasaki Ninja 250R to Honda’s SH150i. Read the full story in our Motorcycle vs. Scooter article.
- Which is better? If your mind is made up without having ridden either, reconsider thinking about which tool is right for the job.
- The Ninja 250R has more than enough punch for weekend fun or high-speed commuting.
- Lane-sharing or just riding in stop-and-go traffic is easier with the scooter with its automatic transmission and quick, light steering.
- The Honda's underseat stowage is limited, but still very useful.
- If you're tackling urban terrain, a 150cc-200cc scoot like the Honda SH150i is right in the sweet spot, capable of doing everything you'd need a scooter to do.
- “I'm a scooter person!” “Well, I'm a motorcycle person!” Actually, we're all just riders.
- Whether on a motorcycle or a scooter, it sure beats being couped-up in a car.
- A scooter vs. a motorcycle can be a tough decision for a beginner to make. Begin by looking at what the machine would primarily be used for and then compare the pros and cons of each.