Follow along with MotoUSA as we track one man’s journey to Dakar.
- WYOTECH Eagle Tech Danielle Pray preps the KTM's frame for a coat of spiffy orange paint. As it was a used bike the frame had already taken a beating.
- Former Army Ranger, Charley Sikes, installs Motion Pro's REVOLVER throttle kit and tube on the handlebars before we throw it all back together next week and I start doing some riding.
- Eagle Tech, Thor Wright-Ruiz, displays his handiwork with the orange spray can. Doing things on a budget and getting it done the best we can is what it's all about at this stage of the game.
- Cyril slows for a gate on one of the worlds largest cattle stations in Western Australia
- 2010 winner, Australia's Ben Brabhah DNF'd the 2011 Australasian Safari.
- Dakar legend Cyril Depres at speed across the Australian Outback in the 2011 Australasian Safari.
- The picture perfect Australian Outback with the wild flowers in bloom.
- Brent Teixeira before the start of the 2011 Tuareg Rally, an eight day race across Morocco.
- Brent loads his Roll Book before the start of Day 3 in Morocco.
- Race Tech hooked us up with valving specs and their famous Gold Valve for testing.
- The team for Project Dakar 2013, from left: James Aultman, Justin Maley (rider), JT Fortner, Charlie Sikes and Danielle Pray. The bike we have chosen is the tried and true KTM 530XCR-W. Of course we need to turn it into a 450 and then perform extensive modifications.