Red Bull Experiment 3 Santa Monica
- The evening kicked off with a rocking live performance by Carolina Liar. No joke these guys are legit so use up those spare iTunes gift cards that your Mom gave you for Christmas.
- 'I went way past my goal of 50 feet,' said Renner. 'I only planned five jumps, but the last one was for the fans. It was all or nothing. I went higher than I expected and felt like a human lawn dart, but I'm glad I made it five feet higher and rode away to talk about it.'
- The Red Bull Experiment is now three-for-three with Robbie Maddison smashing the motorcycle jump distance record on New Years Eve in Las Vegas. Then last month, BMX rider Kevin Robinson established a record of his own when he flew 54 feet above the ground in New York's Central Park, thereby setting
- The historic Santa Monica Pier played host to the third installment of the Red Bull Experiment.
- Over 20,000 fans packed into the Santa Monica Pier to watch Red Bull's Ronnie Renner leap into the record books.
- the crowd was treated to a full visual assault courtesy of the Red Bull MiG-17 fighter jet, the 'Bull Bo-105 CBS aerobatic helicopter, and of course the beyond talented Red Bull Air Force sky diving team.
- His first attempt came in at 45 feet 9 inches and eventually he obtained 54 feet 7 inches on his third jump. However, he couldn't best that height on the last two attempts so he decided on doing one more which ended up being the record.