Jon Amo recently won the 200 MPH Club Person of the Year award for creating great coverage of a sport that was once overlooked. Rocky Robinson brings us his story: Salt Addiction – Jon Amo.
- Jon nervously prepares to launch for the first time at Bonneville.
- A more experienced Jon Amo accelerates away. Notice the improved aerodynamics package.
- Jon and wife Keilani in staging moments before a run.
- Jon and brother Joe pulling an all-nighter in the parking lot of a nearby hotel. The famous Amo Anti-Galling Compound was created in this very fashion.
- Like father like son, Tyler goes through impound to make sure his vehicle is safe to operate on the salt.
- Close-up of Jon’s ZX6 motor with the turbo intact.
- Aerodynamics is one of the constantly changing designs for faster speeds. Here Jon tries a tail fin for increased stability at speed.
- 200 MPH Club Man of the Year, Mr. Jon Amo for creating landracing.com, the most viewed land speed racing website in existence.
- Jon Amo and Robert “Stainless” Steele’s new 4 wheel streamliner project on display at the 2010 SEMA show.
- Jon’s ZX6 project. The goal, over 200 on a 600cc motorcycle.