In this edition of Salt Addiction our two-wheeled rocket man explores the records broken and accidents averted during the 2011 Mike Cook Land Speed Shootout. Read more about the event in Salt Addiction: Mike Cook’s 2011 Shootout.
- Al Lamb’s potent Honda being prepped and ready for action.
- Richard Assen ran over 263 mph on his way to rewriting history on his turbocharged Hayabusa motorcycle.
- Al Lamb at speed on his potent Honda
- Jamie Williams tucked in and flying
- Jamie Williams at speed and on fire. Look closely at the smoke surrounding his motorcycle.
- Jamie bails off his moving motorcycle, unable to withstand the heat any longer.
- Jamie walks away from his burning motorcycle while emergency workers tend to the fire.
- 'Snail’s Eye View' of Richard Assen preparing to run
- Rhys Griffith (above) is a tuner for Jamie Williams, Al Lamb and Leslie Porterfield.