- Superbike-Coach Can Akkaya, a former European road racer, has been working on a MotoGP-style project bike using a 2006 Yamaha R1 as the base.
- Akkaya relies on Race Tech Suspension to give his R1 GP-like handling.
- An M1 spec DID Chain gets the back wheel of the GP project bike spinning.
- A Hyperpro steering damper helps take the shake out of the front end when Akkaya gets his GP racer up to speed.
- Clearwater LEDs help make the Superbike-Coach GP project bike legal to ride on the streets as well as the track.
- Plenty of carbon fiber bits help trim weight on the Superbike-Coach project GP bike.
- Coach Akkaya uses his GP-style racer to teach students at his Superbike-Coach school and for an occasional romp on his favorite local roads.
- With the Superbike-Coach GP project bike, Can Akkaya shows what can be done using the vast supply of high-performance aftermarket parts for superbikes.