Frank Melling continues to enjoy his Suzuki V-Strom 1000, which is now going on its fifth year. Check out photos of his ride in the V-Strom 1000 Four Year Report photo gallery.
- The V-Strom remains a true do-it-all bike.
- The V-Strom is in its element on minor roads.
- The V-Strom is immaculate and remains as handsome as ever...in a V-Strom sort of way.
- Melling happily reunited with his beloved 'Strom.
- While trying to show off for his wife Carol, Melling dropped the V-Strom at extremely low speed, resulting in minimal bike damage but a bruised ego.
- Fluid in the clutch master cylinder slowly dropped, the culprit was a microscopic crack found in the master seal.
- Melling's Suzuki V-Strom 1000 has become a permanent fixture in the family garage.
- Most of the up-spec upgrades offered on newer bikes are irrelevant and unnecessary for a smooth, fun ride, as this V-Strom 1000 has proven time and again.
- Apart from a few minor dings that were easily fixed, the V-Strom 1000 remains in near mint condition.
- Melling's big trailie does a huge range of tasks very well, making it a difficult bike to beat.
- Distinct from making a fashion/status/lifestyle statement, the Suzuki V-Strom 1000 provides a comfortable, enjoyable ride in almost any conditions.
- The V-Strom 1000 is superb on lonely back roads.
- The V-Strom has been Melling's dependable, go-anywhere motorcycle and will remain such for the foreseeable future.
- The V-Strom 1000 is even capable of some minor off-roading.