We caught up with the Sang-Froid Riding Club out of Portland on way to Sumpter for their annual Goldrush Ride. It was a great chance to put some fantastic touring miles on the 2015 Kawasaki Ninja ABS. See photos from the trip below and read about the four day excursion here.
- Leaving home for the weekend.
- More great scenery during the ride to Sumpter.
- Another look at the Sumpter dredge.
- The dredge in Sumpter is a neat piece of history you can tour through.
- The Elkhorn Saloon in Sumpter hosted a great rib eye dinner the night we all came into town.
- At the start of the journey, making good time through the Southern Oregon forests.
- Courtney Olive and his father try to fix a fuel pump relay issue prior to Sunday's day ride in Sumpter.
- Snapping a shot at one of the many overlooks on way to Sumpter.
- Weather did not play nice at times, and I spent a lot of time dodging thunderstorms.
- The roads were a bit damp, but the scenery no less beautiful.
- Had to catch a shot of the Palisades.
- A roadside fix ensured this rider was able to keep on going.
- There were some excellent twisty roads on the road to Sumpter.
- Gas stop in Maupin.
- A long straight in eastern Oregon.