Yamaha EU commissioned custom builders Marcus Walz, Ludovic Lazareth and Roland Sands to work their magic on the iconic VMax motorcycle for debut at the 2011 EICMA.
- The Roland Sands Hyper Modified VMax.
- Roland Sands installed new brakes and slapped some custom paint on the front fender of his custom VMax.
- Sands did away with the big scoop intakes on his Hyper Modified VMax.
- The bulbous tail section of the stock VMax is gone, replaced by this trim custom unit matched to a bullet seat and an undertail exhaust.
- Marcus Walz of Walz Hardcore Cycles went with subtle changes to keep the focus on the performance aspect of the VMax.
- Ludovic Lazareth's Hyper Modified VMax features even more industrial-looking intake scoops matched up with big, hexagonal exhaust cans.
- Roland Sands streamlined Yamaha's VMax to 'match the crisp delivery of the engine' for his VMax Hyper Modified project.