2. Information Motorcycle USA Collects. Motorcycle USA collects and stores the following information about visitors to this Website:
2.1 Automatically Generated Information. Whenever you visit this Website, Motorcycle USA receives and stores information about that visit. For example, Motorcycle USA uses “cookies” to obtain information about you and your Web browser, including (a) the Internet Protocol (IP) address that connects your computer to the Internet; (b) email address and confirmation when you open an email sent from this Website; (c) password; (d) browser type and version, operating system and platform and other computer and connection information; (e) purchase history; (f) the date, time and full Uniform Resource Locators (URLs) of your clicks to, through and from this Website; (g) services and products you search for, view and/or purchase and use; (h) sections of this Website you visit; and (i) phone numbers you use to telephone our 800 number. “Cookies” are alphanumeric identifiers that we place on your computer’s hard drive through your Web browser to enable our servers to recognize your browser as more specifically described in Section 3.6 below. There are companies that provide tools that allow you to visit Websites anonymously. While use of these tools may prevent us from providing you with personalized service, you should be aware that this option is available.
2.2 Information You Provide. When you visit this Website, you may provide information in order to take advantage of the services offered through this Website. For example, if you purchase goods or services, take a test, fill out a survey or complete a questionnaire, you might provide your name, address, telephone and fax numbers, email address, age, gender, and salary information. Motorcycle USA collects and stores that information. You may always choose not to provide the information we request. However, you may then be unable to take advantage of the features and services we offer on this Website.
2.3 Information from other Sources. From time to time Motorcycle USA purchases or otherwise acquires information about you from other sources and add it to Motorcycle USA’s database, including updated delivery and address information, customer lists, email address lists, etc.
3. How Motorcycle USA Uses Information. Motorcycle USA uses information about you in order to provide the services described in this Website. In addition, Motorcycle USA shares customer information with its affiliates and as described below.
3.1 No Sale of Personal Information. Motorcycle USA will not sell your personal information to others except in connection with the sale of all or substantially all of the assets of Motorcycle USA related to this Website.
3.3 Statistical Information. Motorcycle USA sells or otherwise shares some information about its visitors with advertisers, business partners, sponsors and other third parties. However, that information is statistical in nature and does not identify specific individuals. For example, Motorcycle USA counts the number of visitors for purposes of managing its banner advertising business or it may report that X percent of Motorcycle USA’ visitors are [men][junior executives] and Y percent are [women][senior executives]. Motorcycle USA uses that data to, among other things, customize content, services and advertising to better suit the needs of its visitors and customers.
3.6 Other Disclosures/Use. Motorcycle USA will disclose your personal information if Motorcycle USA in good-faith believes it is required to do so: (a) by law or to comply with the law or legal process served on Motorcycle USA; (b) to protect and defend Motorcycle USA’ rights or property; or (c) in an emergency to protect the personal safety of Motorcycle USA’ customers, visitors or the public.
4. Links to Other Websites. When you visit this Website, you could be directed to websites of Third Party Providers and to other websites that are beyond Motorcycle USA’s control. There are many links to other websites from this Website that may take you outside Motorcycle USA’s service. Motorcycle USA believes that this is one of the strengths of this Website. For example, if you “click” on a banner advertisement link or if you click on a Third Party Provider link, the “click” may take you from this Website to the website of that other person. Those other websites may not have privacy policies or may have privacy policies that are not as protective of your personal information as Motorcycle USA’s policy. These other websites may send their own cookies to visitors, collect data or solicit personal information. Motorcycle USA strongly recommends that you review and understand the privacy policies of the websites you visit, whether you visit those websites directly or through a link from a page on this Website.
6. Policy Regarding Children. This Website is for people 13 years of age and older. If you are under 13 years of age, please do not submit any information to Motorcycle USA without the consent of a parent or guardian. Motorcycle USA does not intentionally collect any information about children.
8. Miscellaneous. Motorcycle USA’ policy does not extend to anything that is inherent in the operation of the Internet, and therefore beyond Motorcycle USA’ control. Motorcycle USA uses reasonable precautions to keep your personal information secure. However, Motorcycle USA is not responsible for any breach of security or for the actions of any third parties.
LAST UPDATED: 09/14/2006