After expanding Yamaha Corporation into the world’s biggest piano maker (where Yamaha’s signature tuning fork logo comes from), then Yamaha CEO Genichi Kawakami took Yamaha into the field of motorized vehicles in 1955. The current Yamaha motorcycle lineup is headlined by its high-performance sportbikes, the R1 superbike and R6 supersport. Street bikes include models like the FZ1 and FZ6, FJR1300 tourer, as well as the Inline Triple-powered FZ-09 and Twin-powered FZ-07. A wide array of off-road dirt bikes are led by the YZF motocrossers and WR enduros, alongside a comprehensive ATV and UTV quad lineup. The Star Motorcycle brand showcases Yamaha’s metric Twin cruisers with the Royal Star, Road Star, V Star, Roadliner and Stratoliners. The popular V-Max V-Four has been reborn under the Star moniker.
Featured Yamaha Motorcycle Stories
Yamaha Motorcycle Videos
- A Motorcycle Riding Robot? Meet Yamaha’s MOTOBOT
- Yamaha Leaning Multi Wheel (LMW) – MWT-9 Concept
- Keith McCarty Gets Class Ring From The AMA Hall Of Fame
- El Solitario Turns Yamaha XJR1300 Into “Big Bad Wolf”
- Yamaha to Reveal Tilting 3-Wheeler, Electric Motorcycles, 125cc Cafe Cruiser at Tokyo Motor Show
After battling at the racetrack, Superbike Smackdown X moves to the street to see how the same six Superbikes perform on the open road.